Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are used for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some models are built for increased energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for modern homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and made in an array of colors. Louver Shop of Wichita exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that give a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters made with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood®: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times greater than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive build only available from Louver Shop of Wichita.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and miniature louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more comfortable and fashionable with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Wichita. As tough as they are good-looking, there’s a window blind for every room. Use them to filter light and enhance privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment built in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that look like wood.
- Parkland®: Timeless horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually crafted from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the impression of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with current style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can diffuse sunlight, reduce heat transfer and defend against damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Provides superior energy efficiency. Numerous air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and increased insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade on the market.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that nests into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, budget-friendly shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models provide improved insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade offering more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades with UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Brings both light and privacy. Incorporates vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Cost-effective sheers that integrate drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with excellent light control that integrate drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with excellent light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the style of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas offers a collection of motorized and manual operating systems for their blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand hold at a consistent length when raising or lowering shades.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your touch, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and room darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Provides 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or any point in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Can be manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail takes away the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades easy.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window treatments.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop moves on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that creates the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to reduce the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for easy operation and streamlined appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Offers single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Swaps looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Offers smooth operation and exceptional light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We often refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium feature for select Hunter Douglas products. Features excellent energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that form a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option that increases the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for blinds that hides cord holes and lessens light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop option on hurricane shutters that takes away the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing feature for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for select horizontal blinds that almost doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also called faux or fake wood. Ideal for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Wichita offers a contemporary operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from view. This offers smooth operation and increased view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that make up a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for vertical blinds increasing effortless, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary option for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that enhances energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.